Keybladers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic (the Questions are Gathering)

3 posters

Go down

Magic (the Questions are Gathering) Empty Magic (the Questions are Gathering)

Post  Flower Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:05 pm

1. How do people decide which magic spells they can use?

2. Is there a limit to the amount of magic known?

3. If people included magic in their origin, do they start off with that magic?

4. Are we going to invoke specific spells, or is it up to the RPer?

5. Are there any spells that are off-limits, such as Ultima, Death, Doom, Holy, Flare, (etc.)?

6. Is there a limit to how many spells a character can cast per post, per battle, or per
day, or is it up to discretion for the moment?

7. Is there a way aside from character knowledge to figure out who will have stronger magic if two magic users go up against one another? Will their attacks simply cancel out?

8. Can magic users make their own spells, provided they follow proper guidelines? If so, what are these guidelines?

9. Is this enough to keep you occupied for a while? ^^
Flower
Flower

Back to top Go down

Magic (the Questions are Gathering) Empty Re: Magic (the Questions are Gathering)

Post  Aestus Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Ohhhh...clever girl...bonus points for Magic reference.

1. Really, I would say that only Keybladers can use magic, but we've seen Heartless and Nobodies (I think?) do it, along with Normals. Just use it within moderation...no Stopra and Graviga every turn. I don't wanna make it like BEG with stats, but if that's the only way to stop that, *shrug*.

2. Not really, as above, use with moderation. For example, I doubt a 13 year old has learned every spell and mastered them.

3. If I approve it. But you don't need it in your profile to have magic. I'd prefer it be taught.

4. Not sure what you mean on this one.

5. Use only spells in the KH series. I'm pretty sure none of those were on the list.

6. Try to keep the actions low. Just like BEG and BB, positioning doesn't count. But I like the two actions per turn thing.

7. This is why BEG and BB has stats. So no one comes up and says "I pwnz u with mah lazars!". Let's just base it on experience for now.

8. An interesting question. I hesitantly say yes, but I have no guidelines. If you want to come up with them and see if I like the idea, you're free to do so.

9. And for your final qu- ... o.o

DAMMIT!
Aestus
Aestus
Admin

https://keybladersunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Magic (the Questions are Gathering) Empty Re: Magic (the Questions are Gathering)

Post  Flower Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:51 am

Aestus wrote:
4. Not sure what you mean on this one.

Eh, you answered it regardless. I wanted to know if we were going by the spells on the KH lists.

Aestus wrote:5. Use only spells in the KH series. I'm pretty sure none of those were on the list.

Holy is used by Sora in CoM, and Minnie has her own variant of it in KH2. I think Donald gets Flare at some point, but the other two aren't in Kingdom Hearts to my knowledge. =3

Aestus wrote:8. An interesting question. I hesitantly say yes, but I have no guidelines. If you want to come up with them and see if I like the idea, you're free to do so.

If you still turn down Holy as a usable spell, I'd want something similar to it which Rodan can only use with his weapon, not simply by himself. The way I'm working his "powers" is that he knows some decent magic, but he lacks the power to use anything stronger than a Level 2 spell, such as "Cura." What the roses do, since they are imbued with Light Magic, is give him the energy to cast the spells he would like to in a pinch, such as "Curaga;" otherwise, casting the spell would drain him severely.

That's also why I put the time limit on his weapon, to signify it running out of juice.
Flower
Flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Aestus Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:31 am

Never played CoM, so I didn't know that. Anyhow, go ahead, as long as the spells are canon.
Aestus
Aestus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Holy is used by Sora in CoM, and Minnie has her own variant of it in KH2. I think Donald gets Flare at some point, but the other two aren't in Kingdom Hearts to my knowledge. =3

That be Duck Flare, learned by the skill "Flare Force" in KH2.
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Aestus Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Ding ding ding.

Kyte- 0
Raven- 1

=__=
Aestus
Aestus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down